4-ingredient Shortbread Cookies
The holiday season is definitely upon us. I absolutely love to bake during this time — really all the time, but especially at this time — and I came across this super simple recipe online on All-Recepies.com for Shortbread cookies! With a few adjustments, I made them gluten free for the hubby and they turned out amazingly well.
The great thing about this recipe is that it only requires 4 ingredients which you most likely already have. Because I made mine gluten free, I've altered the recipe slightly from the original.
1 1/4 Cups Butter Softened
3/4 Cups White Sugar
2 Cups Gluten Free Flour Mix
1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°
2. Cream the butter and sugar together until smooth.
3. Mix in the vanilla.
4. Add in the flour and mix into a dough.
5. Split Dough in half and roll into two long 'logs' and wrap in wax paper.
6. Refrigerate for at least 1/2 an hour.
7. Remove from fridge and wax paper. With a sharp knife, cut into 1/2 slices and place on a baking sheet.
8. Bake for 10 — 12 minutes.
9. Let the cookies cool and finish them off by sprinkling a little powdered sugar on top!